Winter Wonderland is the 2015 Christmas fabric collection from the amazing Bethan Janine for Dashwood Studios. Winter Wonderland is a gorgeous festive collection in a traditional red, green, navy and teal colour palette. Make your own advent calendar using this festive panel.
Full instructions are included on the panel as a brief guide:
1.Cut out the back panel and pocket strips.
2. On each pocket strip press over the seam allowance of the top edge and top stitch.
3. Press the side and bottom seam allowances on each pocket strip.
4. Pin each pocket strip to the panel, making a box pleat between each pocket.
5. Stitch the pocket strip to the panel to form the pockets.
6. Layer the panel with wadding and choose a coordinating backing fabric.
7. Quilt the panel.
8. Make loops or sleeve to hang the panel
9. Fill with treats!
A note on sizings: The panel measures 60cm by 110cm and you will make one advent calendar from the panel. You will also need a piece of fabric of your choosing for the back of the advent calendar measuring at least 65cm length x 60cm width which is the maximum finished size of the advent calendar. If you use the red border as a guide the finished calendar would be c. 61cm length and 55cm width. To use one piece of fabric for the backing you would therefore need 3 units of fabric for the back (75cmx110cm).
Alternatively you could sew your own patchwork backing either using squares or strips of fabric? You could also take one fat quarter (50cm length x 55cm width) and then build a border around it, perhaps using a Flurry print? If you use this method we recommend that you don't use a directional prints like the birds, owl, trees and deer, as to utilise the width of the FQ fabric (55cm) means turning the FQ on its side so the width becomes the length, accordingly the directional prints would end up pointing in the wrong direction.